Going to the
I believe that my prayers were answered in very obvious ways on this trip. Just weeks before the trip I was diagnosed with arthritis in my spine as the cause for much of my recent back pains. God completely removed my back pain during the trip! This allowed me to be completely mobile and play with the kids in every activity. Whether I was wrestling six kids into a snow bank, playing basketball, or being a pack mule for the team bags, I seldom gave the possibility of back pain a thought.
God also matched me with some boys who were going through similar experiences that I had faced with my family. One example is a boy named Adas (Adam). He was just beginning to learn about Christ because of his Grandmother’s insistence that he attend the camp. His Dad had forbidden the family from attending church or speaking of Christianity in the home.
My father’s reasons for keeping our family out of church were not the same as Adas’ father. But I was able to connect with him through this and other experiences. I prayed over each of the boys in my group individually throughout the week and had personal discussions with each of them about my testimony. Later in the week Adas told the group that he had “prayed the prayer to ask Christ to be with him.” Only Christ knows if Adas’ prayer was from the heart or a response to peer pressure. But I believe, at the very least, that Adam’s heart has been touched and seeds have been planted.
Here are a few pictures of Ron and his crew:

No comments:
Post a Comment