Here are some comments from the team this time :}}
Oh, the stories to tell of God's provision and grace, of the Kenyan women and their joy in worship and prayer, the children who have very little except a whole lot of God's love channeled through the ELI staff and "parents" of these orphans and so they are the most joyful (and well-behavied) children I have ever seen!! THANK YOU for your prayers - I think of you all praying often throughout the day - you are undergirding this team and how I praise God for each of you.
Peace, love and joy to you all,
Jan
.................................................
Pretty much there is all good news...there are many spiritual battles I'm fighting in my mind, but that's a good sign because if it was no threat, I would have no struggles (so that's why it's a good thing) and the second thing is that I have joy down in my heart, deep deep down in my heart. J.O.Y. down in my heart deep deep down in my heart. Jesus put it there and nothing can destroy it, 'stroy it, 'stroy it YEAH! So that's why I have to sing (just one song in my heart). It's all so encouraging.
OLIVIA
.................................................
Everything is going great and we are having the best time. The country is beautiful and the people are so loving and welcoming. You can see and feel God's love in their hearts. The children will be hard to leave behind.
Vicky
.................................................
I love being with these children!!! Those who know me know that I LOVE hugs and this is the place for hugs. The smiles, love and joy are contagious! It is awesome seeing God at work.
Connie
.................................................
We have been very busy today and this email has already taken a whole day for all of us to write! Since we started it, there have been so many more God things witnessed I don't know where to start. Thank you for praying for us.
ERIC
.................................................
It's been such a great three days! The time with the children has been awsome. To see how much they have grown both physically and spiritually since last year has been a delight, and their hugs and laughter are the highlight of my day.
Well, the day has been full - it is time to turn out the lights. Tomorrow - Nov. 11 - Jan and Pat will be travelling to Uganda; Terri, Connie, Eric, Olivia,Vicky and Anne will be traveling about 1 hour by car to another village - Kipkaren.
There are several 'unknowns' to us so pray for openness and flexibility. Also pray that we [Pat & Jan] will have favor once again through the airports and visa process from Kenya (Eldoret --> Nairobi) to Entebbe, Uganda and then a 2-3 hour drive to Jinja.
I am not sure if you will have another email from us until we reach State side as Internet access may be quite limited since there is NO electricity in Kipkaren and am not certain about Uganda. Again - we as a team are so very thankful for your partnership and being a 'team' member.
Blessings to all,
Pat
No comments:
Post a Comment