Saturday, February 24, 2007

The End of a Ministry

Some of you may have never heard of ACMC (Advancing Church Missions Commitment) and Caleb Project. But I have. ACMC in particular had some great materials and offered some outstanding conferences. I particularly enjoyed the conference I went to a few years ago. I returned to New Covenant full of fresh ideas and energy. I have had the opportunity to implement many of the things I learned.

A few months ago the two agencies merged and became known as Initiative 360 -- Take it Gloal. The hope was that together they would offer even more to the local church. Unfortunately, things didn't work out. As I write this, Initiative 360 is no more.

I am confident God has something new in store to help those of us who promote the idea of kingdom partnerships in local churches. There is hope that another agency will pick up some of what they have been doing. (Go to this link to read their press release: http://www.takeitglobal.org/) Whether that happens or not, I am grateful for the way ACMC helped me over the last 13 years of ministry.

No comments: