Here is a short update from Erin:
The team is doing very well. We are all still getting along with each other and the campers. Lots of laughter has been heard, even in classes.
(Ron just walked in - I said "what update would you like me to send to James?" and he said "We are alive and well!")
I twisted my ankle on Tuesday, badly enough that I couldn't do Lysa Hora on Wednesday. It is still hurting a bit today but the swelling went down and it is quite a bit better.
We've had some great conversations with people, both encouraging to the believers and deep with the pre-Christians among us. The returning campers have asked about all of you who have been here before and wish more of you were here. I can tell after being here how important the relationships are - I didn't quite realize that before I came.
Many of those who are not followers of Christ yet have had great questions. My conversation/English Reading Time (Bible Study) group is a pretty low level English group, but today it could not have been any clearer who Christ is and who he claimed he was. The great part is that the students were giving the answers, not me.
So that is a bit of an update. Tomorrow is the last day with the banquet in the evening. It appears that quite a few are not sticking around for the banquet, so pray for good closure with the campers.
Then pray for rest for the team. While everyone is doing really really well, a good night's rest will be very welcomed!
Thanks for asking, James. We appreciate your prayers.
No comments:
Post a Comment