So what? How does this Great Commission Weekend apply to you? Are you going to make any changes in what you do tomorrow?
Our focus this weekend is on Jesus’ command to make disciples of every tongue, tribe, and nation. But how does that apply to us in Cedar Rapids? What difference should this make when we go to work on Monday? Did Jesus really include me and you when he said that we would be his witnesses?
I am convinced that Jesus did include every one of us in his command. That is probably obvious if you have regularly read this Missions Update or listened to me preach on missions. But what that looks like is very individual. I do not think all of us are supposed to sell our home, pack up our bags, and move overseas. But I am absolutely certain that Jesus wants us to be more involved than just thinking about his command once a year when there is a missions Sunday.
Here is my suggestion: Pray! Ask God what he would have you to do. Spend time wrestling with what it looks like in your own life. If you do nothing else as a result of this weekend but pray, I would consider us having hit a homerun. Let me be clear: I am not talking about a onetime token prayer. I am asking you to spend an extended time in prayer for a number of days or weeks where you wait and listen until God shows you what he would have you do.
If God has already spoken to your heart of how you can be actively involved in global disciple-making, then by all means get busy and do it! But if not, the first step is prayer. Feel free to email me or post a comment and I will join in prayer with you and for you!
No comments:
Post a Comment