Monday, July 26, 2010

Zimbabwe Ministry Team Update - July 26

Dear Friends and Supporters,

Well this afternoon we had our team packing session. We packed 32 suitcases which will go in checked luggage during this session. The other 8 are already packed and had just a little room left in them. All in all we have 40 suitcases (approximately 50 lbs each) of soccer balls and uniforms, pens and pencils, medicine, food and clothing or 1 literal ton of stuff we are taking to Zimbabwe. It was amazing seeing all this stuff, which was donated in one form or another, fitting into the suitcases we have. My wife Amy said, it was sort of like the feeding of the 5000 in reverse. I have included some pictures of packing.
I was thinking about all that stuff as I went for a bike ride this evening and I happened to be riding by the new facility. I got a tour earlier this week. It’s a big place - over 100,000 sq. ft. I think I often limit God by how big my perception of Him is. Until I get something measurable I usually don’t even recognize how big it is and God is immeasurable - in others words - big.

The final song at church this morning was “We are the Body of Christ” which was a really cool send off for the team as our theme for the trip is, One Body, One Spirit and One God Eph. 4:4-6. Thanks for you prayers and support.


Doug Forret - Team Leader

No comments: