Thursday, September 09, 2010

A Message of Grace


Bob and Laura Mackey family serve with World Team in PA:

Laura and I spent about 10 days in Ecuador at the end of August. I spoke at a field conference with SIM workers. The theme was Jonah: a messenger of grace who needed the message of grace. Jonah was a missionary failure who made his own agenda bigger than God’s. And yet God was very gracious with Jonah, just as He was gracious through Jonah to the Ninevites. It seems like any honest missionary can see some of Jonah in themselves. I emphasized Jesus as the true and better Jonah, our tendency toward idolatry, and our need to practice repentance.

It seemed like the talks went well. I know that people at least were thinking deeply about heart issues.

After the conference was over, Laura and I hung out in Quito celebrating our 20th wedding anniversary. Highlights were bicycling around the “Carolina Park” and visiting the equator. We had a great time!

Check out their blog at: mackeyministry.blogspot.com

No comments: