Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Poland Team Tuesday Update and Video

Here is an update from the Poland Team:

To the 216 people on our Poland Prayer Team,

I've tapped into Gina's "Poland Team" Distribution List to send out this email update. I didn't realize how many we had praying, so thank you all so very much!

I believe only about 6 of the 40 people here avoided getting sick to some degree or another. The only one on our American team who never got sick was Ben Struik. Thankfully most of the sick ones have started recovering now.

The three right now who remain pretty sick are Lexi Forstrom, Ben Ziegler and Allyson Male. Keep them in your prayers. They had to miss classes today and stay in bed. Chills, sore throats, headaches, coughing etc. are their symptoms. We're giving them Theraflu, sore throat lozenges, clementines (for vitamin C) and chicken soup. Hopefully tomorrow will be better for them. It has been a real disappointment to all three of them to be sidelined this way. Prayer for healing and encouragement.

As for my knee, it is a bit better. I can walk on it without much pain, so I doubt that anything is torn or severely damaged. It's still tender to the touch, but I think I'll be ok. I was even able to play a round or two of "Dance Dance Praise" yesterday!

Thanks, everyone for the prayers.

Tomorrow (Wed) is our final full day, ending with our awards banquet. We've really bonded with these Polish students and it will be sad to say goodbye.

We should leave Czchow after breakfast on Thursday and return to Krakow. We plan to go visit Auschwitz, the concentration camp, on Friday and fly out first thing Saturday morning, arriving in CR the same day. Weather permitting of course. Sounds like Cedar Rapids has a lot of snowy weather coming for the rest of the week.

Thanks again for the prayers,

For the team, Mark

Be sure to go to YouTube to check out their videos. Here is a recent one they posted:

No comments: